9th 408k ‘Race to the Row’ Brought to you by Amazon Kicks Off 2020 Run Local Bay Area Series
January 30, 2020
One-of-a-kind five-mile San Jose course finishes on Santana Row; event benefits the Pat Tillman Foundation; race weekend kicks off at Sports Basement on Thursday, January 30; Saturday, February 1 events at Santana Row includes 408k-9 Dog Parade and free Mobility IQ™️ class at lululemon
San Jose, Calif. (January 30, 2019) – Thousands of runners from around the Bay Area are set to kick off their fitness year at the 9th 408k ‘Race to the Row’ brought to you by Amazon. The one-of-a-kind five-mile course will start at the SAP Center, wind through historic San Jose neighborhoods before an exciting finish at Santana Row. The race is the first of the five-event Run Local Bay Area series and benefits the Pat Tillman Foundation.
Owned and operated by local event organizers, from start to finish runners will experience San Jose in unique ways. Race weekend will begin on Thursday, January 30 with participant packet pickup at Sports Basement Campbell with participant discounts available throughout the store. The party will then move to Santana Row on Friday, January 31 and Saturday, February 1 for packet pickup and special events including a free Mobility IQ™️ class at 9:00am at lululemon athletica and the 408k-9 Dog Parade for Bay Area dog lovers to enjoy an afternoon stroll together through Santana Row together at 12:00pm.
“This is Run Local’s flagship race and always a great way to start our year at Santana Row,” commented Series Director, Aaron Jacobsen. “We have hundreds of volunteers and an exciting only-in San Jose course experience to support everyone during the race.”
On Sunday, February 2, runners will get warmed up by trainers from 49ers FIT and then enjoy a special Mariachi rendition of the national anthem before being led out on their five-mile journey by the Blvd Bombs Car Club. Runners will head down the historic Alameda business district and wind around the beautiful Rose Gardens prior to being greeted by Military Veterans on the Memorial Mile on Emory St. between Garden Dr. and Bascom Ave. The tradition was started by long-time San Jose resident and Army veteran Joe Bell in 2013 and continues today with support from Team RWB.
This is followed by the energetic and runner favorite, the Mariachi Mile, energizing everyone in their push to the Santana Row finish line where friends, family and a cadre of volunteers will celebrate the completion of their journey.
All participants will receive unique finisher’s medals and t-shirts designed by local artists at Cukui celebrating San Jose’s athletic roots.
Race Weekend Schedule
Thursday, January 30
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Sports Basement Campbell (Google Maps| Apple Maps); participants enjoy 20% off the entire store (Basementeers get 28% off!)
Friday, January 31
- 2:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Santana Row (Google Maps| Apple Maps); participants will receive a Lululemon shopper bag with pickup
Saturday, February 1
- 9:00am: Free Mobility IQ™ Class @ lululemon Santana Row with lululemon ambassador Noell Clark and movement teacher James Kiernan
- 10:00am – 2:00pm: Packet Pick Up @ Santana Row (Google Maps| Apple Maps); participants will receive a Lululemon shopper bag with pickup
- 12:00pm: 408k-9 Parade (more info)
Race Day – Sunday, February 2
- 6:15am: Bib Pickup Opens (corner of Santa Clara St & Autumn St) – $10 convenience fee applies for day-of bib pickup, please read below for more information and arrive early to lessen your wait time.
- 7:56am: 408k Wheelchair Start
- 8:00am: 408k Start WAVE 1
- 8:30am: Finish Line Pre-Tailgate Tailgate @ Santana Row opens – Grab your finisher’s medal and stick around for football inspired games as well as specials from Santana Row businesses, including our Official 408k Party hosted by Fjallraven. Plan your morning by visiting our Santana Row Finish Line Experience page.
- 10:00am: 408kids Report to Starting Line (more info)
Share your 408k ‘Race to the Row’ experience with hashtag #408k and learn more as well as register at: www.run408k.com
About Run Local Events
Since 2012, Run Local Events has brought locally produced events to the San Francisco Bay Area celebrating its runners, artists, and the unique diversity of each region. Its annual Series of events includes the Amazon San Jose 408K Race to the Row (February), San Jose Shamrock Run 5K & 10K (March), Silicon Valley Half (April), Across the Bay 12K & 5K (July) and The East Bay 510K – 5K & 10K (October). For more information, visit RunLocalEvents.com and join us on social @RunLocalEvents. Hashtags: #408k #runlocal & #runthebay